Dear incoming/exchange students!


Do you want to study in a personal and supporting atmosphere?
Do you want to get the best out of research and teaching?
Do you want to gain practical experience in the social field?

#weltoffen /cosmopolitan      #freundlichkeit#stupakhsb    #campusoase         #divers     #praxisnah      #andersalsdudenkst 

Then the Catholic University of Applied Sciences (KHSB) is the right place for you if...

You fulfill the study requirements in line with the Erasmus+ programme:

  • Your University must have an Erasmus+ cooperation with the KHSB.
  • Proof of CEF language proficiency in German at minimum B1 level.

The language of instruction is German. KHSB does not offer courses in English. An exception is the practical placement module in English B2.

First day at KHSB...

Then follow the next steps:

  1. Get in contact with the International Office of your University. You will receive all important information about the application procedures if you are eligible for exchange studies at KHSB. Your University has to nominate you.
  2. After being nominated by your University you will receive an email with important information with a link to online application.  
  3. As soon as the application  and the Learning Agreement have been checked, you will receive after beeing accepted at KHSB the "Letter of Acceptance".
  4. Two month before semester starts you will be able to matriculate with a form at KHSB. The payment of social service contribution Studierendenwerk: currently costs 63,00 € and student body: currently costs 5,00 € is obligatory. A semester ticket can be purchased as an option. Then the total costs are 244,40 € for the winter semester 2024/25.   
  5. KHSB will send you the timetable at least six weeks before the lecture period starts.

To complete the Erasmus+ Learning Agreement in Table A you need the following course catalogue:

Social Work: kursauswahl_incomings_soziale_arbeit_ab_wise22.pdf 

Inclusive Education: kursauswahl_incomings_heilpadagogik_ab_sose2023.pdf

Childhood Education: kursauswahl_incomings_kindheitspadagogik_ab_sose23_24.pdf

This data also includes a manual to fill in the form and important information about university regulations. The university will compile the respective timetable on the basis of table A of the Learning Agreement six weeks before the semester starts and send it to you. 

Find here academic calendar. The academic calendar contains all important dates. 

Health insurance

With the European Health Incurance Card - EHIC most of the treatments are covered. Please inform yourself about exclusions. We recommend taking out additional international health insurance.

IMPORTANT: Insurance certificate for enrolment: After admission to the programme, future students submit an application for enrolment. This includes an insurance certificate from a German health insurance company as an attachment. You do not need additional health insurance in Germany, as you are insured with the European Health Insurance (EHIC). But you need an insurance certificate for enrolment. You get these free of charge from all statutory health insurance companies in Germany

Accident insurance

After being enrolled at KHSB, the Unfallkasse Berlin is the statutory accident insurance provider in the area and is therefore the equivalent of an employer's liability insurance association while you are studying. If you have an accident at university or one the way between university and home, for example, it will cover the costs of the treatment. This insurance cover is free for you. The costs are borne by the state of Berlin.

Liability insurance

For your own safty we recommend to complet a liability insurance.

DAAD insurence

If you Need further Information, please contact the International Office.

Compatibility of studying abroad:

- with a disability

What does the university offer? counselling and more 

What does studierendenWerk Berlin offer? Counselling service for barrier-free studies / barrier-free housing for program students from abroad

- with child/ren

What does the university offer? counselling and more

What does studierendenWerk Berlin offer? counselling / accomodation

Please do not hesitate to get in contact with the international office of your university and KHSB as soon as possible. We look forward to receiving your inquiries!

EU citizens would not need a visa for travelling to EU countries. If you are a citizen of a non EU country please inform yourself about visa requirements at Auswärtiges Amt. 

If you Need further Information, please contact the International Office.

KHSB has a limited contingent of rooms in the hall of residence Hans und Hilde in Coppistraße 14-24, 10365 Berlin. Currently a room in three person WG costs between 362,00 and 397,00 EUR per month. Reservations are made at KHSB. Please register by KHSB application.

If you Need further Information, please contact the International Office.

In cooperation with Alice-Salomon Hochschule (ASH) you are invited to join a German intensive language courses three weeks before semester is starting at KHSB. Reservations are made at KHSB. Please register at KHSB application.

If you Need further Information, please contact the International Office.

At the latest 14 days after your arrival in Berlin you have to registrate at Berliner Bürgeramt (more information

KHSB is a member of the Berlin University Association. As an enrolled student, you can book sports courses here. To do so, please enter our university and the KHSB e-mail address.

Dr. Marion Bonillo
Raum   1.106
Telefon: +49 30 50 10 10 919
Kontakt: E-Mail


Dienstag und Donnerstag von 11.00 bis 13:00 Uhr und von 14:30 bis 16:30 Uhr

Montag Beratung nur nach vorheriger Vereinbarung bitte via E-Mail

Mittwoch und Freitag keine Beratungszeiten